Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Vlog|| SBGBK2014 My Experience

Hey guys,

Sorry about the wait. I know people had been asking for me where the post was. So instead of giving you a whole bunch of excuses, lets just relish in the fact that it is here!!

So I went to the Smart Brown Girl event here in Brooklyn, NY and I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I am a psych major as some of you may know and I have always talked about topics here on my channel and blog space. I went to this event expecting to get something out of it and I did! I had been battling with depression crazy as a teen. I would like to say around Junior High School days. I found myself really in a  bad space and that reflected in how I kept myself. I wanted to push people away so I did all I could think of. I wouldn't put deodorant on, I wouldn't do my hair, I would try and be mean and people still wanted to be around me. I couldn't understand and I still don't till this day.

I went to this event and almost cried like 3 times. I am serious I felt like they were talking to me. I had been debating and fussing and fighting with myself to upload a video on depression and starting the discussion. I have some crazy things in store for The Discussion and feel that it will help many women and men in our communities. I want to impact ALL people not just people who relate on a skin color level. I have been told not to do this because people don't care, but I do and so I am going to dedicate myself and my time to this project like I do my 9-5 that I am hoping I get fired from. Long story!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

T E C H I E S T U F F I U S E