Saturday, October 27, 2012

Ipsy ( Originally MyGlam ) October Bag

So this is my first month of Ipsy formerly known as MyGlam and lets just say I am pleasantly pleased for 10 dollars a month =] .. In this bag were 5 items that are on the verge of being used up seeing as I only wanted to use these this month. All together this bag's consisted of $73.08 all for $10. Wonderful deal =]

Packaging: The packaging that it came in was cute. then the little striped makeup bag and the red zipper accent was classic and well made.

Content: Pequi Oil Treatment, The Body Builder Mascara by theBalm, Onyx Eyeliner by Be a Bombshell Cosmetics, 4 small eyeshadows from Coastal Scents, && Lip Bomb by Mirenesse

Let me first tell you about Ipsy and what it entails. Basically it is your typical monthly subscription for 5 random items that are supposed to be tailored to you. You take a short quiz about fashion and beauty and your skin type as well as complexion so that your colors match you. It is 10 dollars as I stated before and you get the ability to opt out in the beginning of the month if need me. Every month it changes and gives you a range of ability to try decent sized samples as well as try out new products without the commitment of purchasing from a company you know nothing of.



Pequi Oil Treatment:

This oil is said to restore shine and softness to your hair. I used it and it was just like any other oil I didn't really feel a major difference to go out and buy myself a whole new bottle. They gave us the 12 dollar bottle.


Retail Price 12.00- 50.00 


The Body Builder Mascara by theBalm:

This mascara was pretty decent. It was like any other mascara except that it clumped. I have pretty long lashes and they were all clumped up no matter how hard I tried to separate them. I found the formula to be a little too thick though I know it's supposed to give body. The wand was constructed like a wave like patter it didn't have the traditional shape all the way through, it's as if they just twisted it.

Retail Price: $19




Onyx Eyeliner by Be a Bombshell:

I am in love with this eyeliner. I found the eyeliner to be a true black. I liked the size of it for a cat eye. It is a felt tip liner and though I have a love/hate relationship with them I found this one not drying or dragged across the lid in like a tug of war matter.

Retail Price: $14



Coastal Scents: 

They gave us sample size of 4 shades. One matte true purple shade one shimmer true purple shade a white shade and a purply pink. I found it a tad bit hard to blend but I found the pigmentation to be decent. Coastal Scents has them for different prices for their pallets. 

Retail Price: Varies



Lip Bomb by Mirenese:

Full name is Lip Bomb Glossy Lacquer Stain. I never used to be a fan of lip stains because I have big lips and didn't know if I would want to walk around with this color on my lips for the rest of my life lol.. But I have to say the lasting power as well as the applicator brush and it's glossy yet minimal transfer had me stuck on stupid.. I would love to say I will repurchase but I don't know if I want to pay as much.. 

Retail Price: 28.08- 35.10



0 comments:

Post a Comment

T E C H I E S T U F F I U S E