Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Standing In Your Truth

Hey Love Bugs!!!


So I was scrolling through Facebook today. The usual was up and down my feed, social injustices, people inspiring others, food posts, and pretty much the things I am into. I am particular on what I allow myself to be exposed to on a daily basis. I deleted over 1000+ "friends" on Facebook. Weeded out the amount of people on my private Instagram and even unfollowed people on my public one. I have never been the hood girl, always been the girl who grew up in different areas and never fit in. I was always popular, but always misunderstood on many levels. I had to learn how to stand in my truth at a young age. So I went to school with hood people they made fun of me cause I "talked white", when I went to "proper" schools I was the "token black girl with sass".

Back to the post Vastia...

I say all that to say that as my life took this major turn in the past year, I have been blessed. Blessed in the sense I can finally live my life without fear of my past. So what brought this on? K. Michelle's interview with Forbes.  Her reflection on life and herself was something I could relate to on such a deeper level.

"I’m going to get into the music that I feel, that I love, and I’m not going to let anybody box me because of the color of my skin or my past. I’m going to do the re-packaging, and I’m going to do one more album. If I’m not allowed to sing the music that I want to sing, then I’m prepared to walk away."


Click Here  for more of the K. Michelle On "Poli-tricks" And The Business Of Reality sit down. 

What do you think about what she said? Are you glad she is loving who she is and who she was?
Have you gotten to that point in life or are you sill working on it? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

T E C H I E S T U F F I U S E